Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"King James Is An A**hole!!"

    





As I lay peacefully sleeping in my bed last night, a storm of  indignation was brewing in my daughter's heart...I awakened with a heart-pounding jolt when my door banged open, and in rushed an Avenging Fury.  It was Siobhan, of course.  And with eyes blazing, she eloquently proclaimed "King James is an A**hole!"

 Did I really hear that?!  I yawned and said "I'm sorry, Siobhan--what did you say?" My daughter repeated her profound statement:  "King James is an A**HOLE!"   Bewildered, I asked "WHAT are you talking about?" Trembling with anger, Siobhan replied:  "KING JAMES!  I'm going to take our Exacto knife and cut his name off every Bible in this house, because the man is an A**HOLE!!"

Whatever.  All I wanted was a little sleep...I groaned and said "Siobhan!  The man's been dead for hundreds of years--there's nothing he can do about it now.  Cut him a little slack!"  I proceeded to roll over and bury my head under my pillow, while Siobhan drifted back up the hall--all the while muttering about murder holes and dungeons until her voice was just a faint memory...

 I woke up this morning the same way I went to sleep last night-- laughing. Out loud.  My righteous daughter...How could you not love her?











  

No comments:

Post a Comment