Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Musings





              MARCH

"With rushing winds and gloomy skies
The dark and stubborn Winter dies:
Far-off, unseen, Spring faintly cries,
Bidding her earliest child arise; March!"

                            --Bayard Taylor


"March already!" I think, as I turn yet another page on my calendar ( it seems I only bought it  yesterday...)  Hard to believe, but it has been a year now since I first began this blog.  What a year it has been!

Twelve full, rich months shared with Siobhan and Liam, and our four-legged farm family of dogs, cats, horses, and goats... Weeks filled with work days and holidays, family dinners and Freak Show gatherings, family births and family deaths; Red Letter Days spent at the circus,( and one wonderful evening spent with Hugh Laurie and The Copper Bottom Band)...Countless happy hours spent doing the things we love best-- gardening and making fresh chevre, growing herbs and making healing salves; riding horses, kayaking, or hiking; working on our beloved gypsy wagon...faithfully writing weekly posts...then reading them aloud to Siobhan, and laughing-- always laughing...

Three hundred sixty-five days. Sixty posts.  By now you must know me and my family well--Siobhan and Liam.  The Freak Show...You have seen glimmers of our thoughts and dreams, glimpses of our daily lives.  And now we have come full-circle. 

 Once again it is Spring...Time to sow seeds and begin our garden; time for diligence in finishing our wagon; time to free our kayaks from winter storage, and heed the call of  our rain-swollen river. Time to write less and live more...

But this is not The End.  I will continue to post wagon updates each month until our wagon is complete....  And  even then, I have had entirely too much fun with this blog to just cast it aside--for that reason alone I will continue to write nonsense and drivel when I feel inspired...

As for now,

Sastimos!
(Good Health!)

and

Latcho Drom!
(Good Journey!)



--Grainne


No comments:

Post a Comment