Sunday, December 25, 2016

12 Days Of Christmas / or...Grainne And The 'Possum


                                                               
 








                                                                                                          
On the 1st day of Christmas, my terrier gave to me
a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 2nd day of Christmas, my husband gave to me
two shaky ladders and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 3rd day of Christmas, my daughter gave to me
3 wooden crutches, two shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.






















On the 4th day of Christmas, my  neighbor gave to me
4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, two shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree

On the 5th day of Christmas, my daughter gave to me
5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches,2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 6th day of Christmas, my husband gave to me
6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders,
and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas, my doctor gave to me
7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4  humane traps, 3 wooden crutches,
2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

 


















On the 8th day of Christmas, my daughter gave to me
 8 carabiners, 7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 9th day of Christmas, my husband gave to me
9 yards of rope, 8 carabiners, 7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 10th day of Christmas, an EMT gave to me
a 10-mile ride to the ER, 9 yards of rope, 8 carabiners, 7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

On the 11th day of Christmas, my doctor gave to me
11 more pain pills and 2 casts, a 10-mile ride to the ER, 9 yards of rope, 8 carabiners, 7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.














On the 12th day of Christmas, my daughter gave to me
a 12-gauge shotgun, 11 more pain pills and 2 casts, a 10-mile ride to the ER, 9 yards of rope, 8 carabiners, 7 pain pills and a tetanus shot, 6 rusty scaffolds, 5 finger splints, 4 humane traps, 3 wooden crutches, 2 shaky ladders, and a 'possum in my persimmon tree.

  On Christmas Day I gave the 'possum a very nice funeral**, and my family a big persimmon pie.













**No 'possums were actually injured in the above tale--I shot and missed, and the 'possum died laughing...

Merry Christmas To All!

GRANNY'S RECIPE FOR PERSIMMON PIE

9 inch single pie crust
3 eggs
2 c. persimmon puree
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 lg. can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp. salt 
 Beat eggs, add puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and milk. Beat to blend thoroughly. Pour into pastry.Bake on lowest rack at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake until pie looks set, but jiggles slightly in center...about 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature.   Serve with fresh whipped cream, and enjoy!


































































No comments:

Post a Comment